Are you looking for the best moisturizers for oily skins? We will give you not just a list but a lot more including the best tinted, oil free, facial, men’s night and homemade moisturizers for oily skins. You will also learn on how to choose or what to look for in a good moisturizer for oily skins.
Oily skin cleansing, especially when using strong cleansers, often removes the skin’s natural moisture, making it to be dry. This often triggers the skin to produce more oil to try to bring back the balance. This is one of cause of oily skin and can worsen the condition.
To help reverse this, you need to get a good moisturizer that has been designed for people who have oily skins. They will help hydrate your skin and this can reduce the amount of sebum (oil) produced by the sebaceous glands.
Choosing the Best Moisturizer Oily Skins– Serums, Gels and Oil Free Lotions
When you are looking for the best moisturizer for oily skin, you need to understand that they come mainly in serums, gels or oil free lotions. To help you get the best oily skin moisturizer, we are going to discuss some of the ways on how to choose moisturizer for oily skins.
To begin with, when choosing moisturizers for sensitive skin, it is a good practice to go for the oil free moisturizers and those based on water formula. Instead of petrolatum, the oily free moisturizers often have dimethicone as well as mattifying ingredients among others. They will help make your skin smooth and soft as well as prevent skin dryness (including dry patches) that the use of very harsh toners or cleansers might cause.
Although some experts say that the best moisturizer for oily skin should not necessarily be oily free, you should only use such if they do not make your skin feel heavy. It should have gentle ingredients such as tea tree oil, peppermint, lemon, rosemary, lavender, as well as have balancing ingredients such as benzoin, chamomile, and geranium.
Furthermore, when choosing the best moisturizers for oily skins, do not forget to go for the non-acnegenic or non-comedogenic, meaning they will not cause pimples or acne when you used them. This is particularly very important to people who have oily skins prone to acne breakouts. Other common ingredients include alpha-hydroxy for people with acne, etc.
When choosing a good oily skin moisturizer, never forget to consider if it can offer some sunscreen protection, if you do not intend to wear sunscreens.
Generally, lotion based moisturizers for oily skin will be quick to absorb, light and do not leave any residue. On the other hand, gels will dry rapidly and soothe the skin. Some contain humectants that can help in attracting moisture without making your skin oily. Aloe vera and tomato ingredients in gel oily skin moisturizers are important if you have acne.
For those who want to try serums, they have vitamins and minerals that can ensure your skin moisture is maintained and help in fighting various skin blemishes such as breakouts and acne. Go for those with natural ingredients such as green tea, vitamin C, garlic, hone, kelp, aloe, algae, etc,
Finally, if you happen to have combination skin which is oily only on the T-Zone (chin, nose and forehead), you need to use moisturizers for oily skins on this sections only and the other area, choose a moisturizer according to the type of skin.
We have looked at the various things to consider when choosing the best moisturizers for oily skin. It is time to consider some of the best brands where we will look at tinted moisturizers for oily skins, facial moisturizers, night moisturizers, best men’s moisturizers and overall best moisturizers for oily skins.
Best Moisturizers for Oily Skins – Top Rated Overall Including Oil Free and SPF
While discussion the best moisturizers for oily skin, we are going to begin by giving you top brands overall before we give you the best facial, night, men’s and tinted moisturizers.
If you are looking for the best moisturizers for oily skins overall, there are many great brands in the market. We reviewed some of the best oily skin moisturizers before coming with our list of the best moisturizers. So, what are the best moisturizers?
- Elemis Daily Shine Control Moisturiser,
- Dermalogica Active Moist Lotion
- Clean & Clear Morning Burst Shine Control Moisturiser
- Eucerin Everyday Protection Sensitive Skin Face Lotion SPF 30
- On A Clear Day Oil-Free Moisturizer Phylosophy
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
- Simple Clear Skin Oil Balancing Moisturiser
- Liz Earle Skin Repair Light Moisturiser
- Boscia Oil-Free Daily Hydration SPF
- Boots Tea Tree And Witch Hazel Shine Control Moisturiser
- Matis Oil Control Gel Cream
- St. Ives Coollagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer
- Amie Morning Dew Matte Finish Moisturiser
- Garnier Pure Active Spot Fighting 24hr Moisturiser
- Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF 30
- Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion
- Lotus Herbals Aloehydra Aloe Vera Moisturizing Gel
- L’oreal Dermo Expertise Hydrafresh All Day Hydration Aqua-Essence
- Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture SPF 15
- Lotus Herbals Skin Whitening and Brightening
- Whiteglow Micro Emulsion SPF 25
- Elta MD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46
- Glycolix Elite Facial Cream Ultra Lite
- Mary Kay Time-wise Age-Fighting Moisturizer
- Almay Daily Moisturizer for Oily Skin with Meadow-sweet and SPF 15
Truly, if we were to list all the best moisturizers for oily skin, this list will be endless. However, if you tried any of the above best brands of moisturizers for oily skin, you definitely will not be disappointed.
Best Cheap Moisturizers for Oily skin – Costing below $10
Some of the above moisturizers are a bit expensive. If you are looking for the best cheap moisturizers to buy, consider going for any of the below brands. They are very affordable, yet will give you excellent results.
- Kiss My Face Moisturizer, Peaches & Cream
- St. Ives COollagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer
- Clean & Clear Oil-Free Dual Action Moisturizer
- Eucerin Everyday Protection Sensitive Skin Face Lotion SPF
These are not the only cheap moisturizers for only skins. You can still get wonderful products if you carefully searched. Ensure you see what users are saying, their ratings, reviews and even experts’ reviews. You should not also forget looking at the ingredients present.
Best Tinted Moisturizer for Oily Skin
If you have oily skin, you could opt to switch from using foundation that was very helpful in summer to tinted moisturizer, which serve you as a moisturizer and as a face foundation. People with very oily skins might have greasy looks if they do not go for the right foundation. See more on Best foundation for oily skin and Powder – Face, Matte, Liquid, Press Powder, and Setting Powders.
Instead having to depend on foundation, you can go for the best tinted moisturizers for oily skin. They will serve as both foundation and moisturizers at the same time. People who are particular prone to acne should try the tinted moisturizers for oily skin as it can hide the acne blemishes.
Best Tinted Moisturizer for Oily Skin – Top Brands Including those with SPF
Of course, there are many best tinted moisturizers for oily skins in the market. To be particular, tinted moisturizers for oily skins with silicon will be ideal. Some of the best tinted moisturizers you should try include the following:
- Elizabeth Arden Sheer Lights
- Clinique Tinted moisturizer For Oily Skin
- Bobbi Brown SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free
- Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer
- Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer
- NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer
- La Mer Fluide De La Mer
- Clinique City Block Sheer SPF 25
- Physician’s Formula Tinted Moisturize
- Laura Mercier Oil-Free tinted moisturizer
- Philosophy’s The Supernatural Poreless Flawless spf 15
- Clinique Stay-True Makeup Oil-Free Formula
- Jouer Matte Moisture Tint
All the above and many others will help in dimming your shiny oily skin looks and ensure your skin is well hydrated. They are perfect companions during summer when it is a bit hot and you are likely to sweat and look shinny.
However, before you buy any of the above best tinted moisturizers for oily skins; it is good ensure you have seen other users experience, ratings and reviews. This is the only sure way of getting be best tinted moisturizer for your oily skin.
Best Men’s Moisturizer for Oily Skin
To help moisturize their oily skins, men need to buy some of the best men’s moisturizers for oily skin. Men’s skin structure is slightly different from those of women as it is on average 20 to 30% thicker. This explains why they hardly get the crow’s feet (wrinkles under eye) easily or not even frown line. In fact, they will look fine without using a good anti aging regimen.
However, on the downside, they have much follicles and glands that produced sebum (oil). Therefore, if you are a man with an oily skin, you need a specially formulated men’s moisturizer for oily skin to help you manage this menace.
One of the important feature men would look at when buying men’s moisturizer for oily skin is something that does not leave a shiny fish i.e. a matte or mattifying moisturizer.
Best Men’s Moisturizers for Oily Skins – Top Brands
We looked at the many men’s moisturizers for oily skins before coming up with a list we feel will be most helpful to you. So what are the best men’s moisturizers for oily skin?
- All-Day Oil-Control Lotion from men’s
- Matte for Men Complete Face and Head Care Lotion
- Reponse Homme – Moisturizing Shine Control
- Oil Control Daily Hydrator by Lab Series
- Instant Fix Oil Control by Anthony For Men
- Facial Fuel Transformer age-correcting gel
- Protect & Perfect Intense anti-aging moisturiser
- Double-Duty face moisturizer
These are not the only moisturizers for men. You will find other leading brands that men with oily skins can use. Ensure you check on the ingredients present in the men’s moisturizers for oily skins to ensure is oil free, non-comedogenic and water based.
Best Facial Moisturizer for Oily Skin – Top Brands
If you are specifically looking for facial moisturizers for oily skins, most of the moisturizers we have discussed so far are indeed facial moisturizers too. You should not be confused by the term facial moisturizers for oily skins to start imagining they are different.
However, if you insist on having a few names of the best facial moisturizers for oily skins, here are some of the best brands:
- Clean & Clear Oil-Free Dual Action Moisturizer
- Garnier Nutritioniste Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream
- Glycolix Elite Facial Cream Ultra Lite
- Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Triflix Oil Free Moisturizer
Not to overemphasis, the above best facial moisturizers for oily skins are no better than the other leading brands we have discussed since all the moisturizers discussed can be used on your face.
Best Night Moisturizer for Oily Skin
Most of the above moisturizers for oily skins are suitable for daytime use. If you are looking for a good night moisturizer for oily skin, nourishes it and help it repair and rejuvenate. Furthermore, the night moisturizers for oily skins should supplement your skin with antioxidants and vitamins.
There are many best night moisturizers for oily skins in the market. We reviews several of the very best night moisturizers that people with oily skin can use before coming with the below list of the best night moisturizers for oily skins. So, which one are they?
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream Night
- Skinceuticals Renew Overnight
- VLCC Wheat Night CreamVichy Normaderm Daily Care Night Chrono Active Anti Imperfection Care Night Cream
- Optimals White Night Cream
- Lotus Herbals Nutranite Night Cream
- Avon Solutions Refined White Night Cream
These are some of the best night moisturizers for oily skins. However, before you buy any of the above best night moisturizers for oily skin brands, it is your responsibility to ensure you have seen several reviews form users and experts to be certain they will work for you.
Homemade Moisturizers for Oily Skins –Homemade Remedies
We will not go to details on homemade moisturizers for oily skins. However, we would wish to acknowledge the presence of highly effective homemade moisturizers for oily skins. There are also many recipes for making such moisturizers.
Some of the common recipes for homemade remedies or moisturizers for oily skin include the following:
Beeswax Moisturizers – ½ tsp of beeswax, 2 jojoba oil drops, 2 tsp of vegetable glycerin and an ounce of aloe vera.
Aloe Vera Oily Skin Moisturizer – 3 teaspoons of aloe vera gel, 1 teaspoon of grapes see oil and some aura cacia natural skin care oil.
Lavender and Lemon Moisturizers – 2 drops of lavender and lemon oils, 2 drops of glycerin and a half a cut of pure water.
Avocado Moisturizer – 1 egg white, 1 avocado oil cup and 1 tsp of lemon juice (fresh)
You will find other homemade or natural moisturizers for oily skin that include the rose petal, as well as milk and olive oil moisturizers. Some of these homemade moisturizers for oily skins will work while others might not work. Ensure you try one if it does not help, go to the other.
How to Apply Moisturizers for Oily Skins
Once you have chosen the right moisturizer for your oily skin, you need to ensure you do not overuse use it. Many people assume more is better but the contrary is true. For your face, two green pea-sized amount of moisturizer should be sufficient.
Furthermore, when applying oily skin moisturizers, ensure you have moisturized your forehead, cheeks, chin, nose by dotting those areas with very small dots of your moisturizers. You can the gently rub your face to connect the dots
On application methodology, there is no specific way to go about it. You need to use your fingers with a gentle touch. Begin by moisturizing your cheeks and work outwards using smooth strokes towards your neck. Do not use the up and down or circular strokes.
When you are applying your oily skin moisturizer on your forehead and the neck, change the strokes to be upwards. Again, be very gentle to avoid straining your skin as this can cause premature skin aging.
Finally, ensure you reapply your moisturizer each time you wash your skin. See more on best cleansers, soaps, face wash and toners for oily skins.
You may also like
- Oily Skins Best Foundations – Matte, Liquid & with SPF
- Which Primer for Oily Skin Should You Buy?
- Best BB Creams for Oily Skins, Sunscreens and Night Creams
- Cleansing and Toning of Oily Skins – Best Products to Use
- What Is Oily Skin and How Do You Treat or Cure it?
- Oily Scalp Causes, Shampoos, Treatments and Remedies for Oily Scalp Including in Bald Men