Are you looking for the best sensitive skin moisturizers, creams, lotions, anti aging, facial masks, fragrances and deodorants? This article will give you info on each of these sensitive skin care products and much more. Some of the basic questions that will be answered in this discussion include the following:
- What should good skin care products for sensitive skins contain and ensure?
- What should I look for in sensitive skin care products?
- Which are some of the best moisturizers for sensitive skins to use?
- Which are the best sensitive skin lotions, anti aging, and creams to use?
- How do you choose skin care products for sensitive skins?
- Can I use deodorants, fragrances and perfumes if I have sensitive skin?
This is just the tip of the iceberg, much as been discussed. If you are not looking for any of the above things, we also have covered more on sensitive skin including the following:
- Best Acne Treatment for Sensitive Skin –Acne Prone Sensitive Skin Cleansing, Toning, Moisturizing
- Sensitive Skin – Meaning, Testing, Identifying, Causes, Best Care Tips
- Makeup for Sensitive Skin – Best Foundation, Concealer, Primer, Makeup Removers
- Best Sensitive Skin Sunscreen (SPF), Razor, Electric, Shaving Creams, Gels and Foams
- Best Sensitive Skin Wash, Shampoo, Soaps, Toner, Cleansers, Exfoliator, Conditioners
- How to Choose Skin Care Products for Sensitive Skins
- What to Look for in Best Sensitive Skin Moisturizers, Foundation, Creams and Lotions
- Best Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin
- Best Moisturizers for Sensitive skin – Top Brands
- How to Use Moisturizers for Sensitive Skins
- Best Lotion for Sensitive Skin – Top Brands
- Best Creams for Sensitive Skin – Facial Creams for Sensitive Skin
- Best Facial or Face Masks for Sensitive Skin – Top Brands
- Best Anti Aging for Sensitive Skin
- Allergy and Redness removal for Sensitive skin
- Using Deodorants Fragrance on Sensitive Skin
How to Choose Skin Care Products for Sensitive Skins
When choosing products for sensitive skins, you need to go for products that will generally stimulate and ensure purity your skin. Furthermore, these products should encourage growth of new cells, provide nourishments for your skin and shield your skin from the various environmental and external stressors on your skin.
Skins that are sensitive have a thin epidermis, which is easily compromised as the protective barrier i.e. easily eroded away. This exposes the skin to penetration of irritants, blood vessels and nerve ending disruption. Water loss can also lead to the loss of the natural protective layer and thus most sensitive skins end up being dry skins too.
That said; you should carefully to choose your skin care products such as moisturizers, foundations, creams, lotions and other makeup to ensure they are suitable for your skin and they will protect it from the various harsh environmental conditions as well as keep it hydrated.
What to Look for in Best Sensitive Skin Moisturizers, Foundation, Creams and Lotions
- They have very few ingredients
- They do not contain or have little fragrances
- Do not have deodorant or anti bacterial fighting ingredients
- Do not have any alcohol
- Do not have alpha hydroxy acids and retinols
Best Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin
Your sensitive skin needs some of the best moisturizers that have been made specifically for people who have these types of skins. Sensitive skin moisturizing is very important since it can help in reducing abrasion and drying.
Furthermore, these moisturizers will help soothe your skin and prevent future allergic reactions or breakouts. Some of them even contain SPF or sunscreens to protect your skin further from the sun’s UV light.
Moisturizers work by holding water on your outermost skin layer and act as a temporary barrier. Go for moisturizers that have ingredients such as chamomile, aloe vera, green tea, etc which are good soothing ingredients. If you already have redness or allergic reactions, they will also help heal it. Avoid those with acids, fragrances or dyes since they might irritate your skin.
Best Moisturizers for Sensitive skin – Top Brands
When looking for the best moisturizers for sensitive skin, you should be careful not to be caught in the hype of hypoallergenic products. Go for products that will actually help your skin while protecting it too.
Some of the best moisturizers for sensitive skins include the following:
- Cetaphil Daily Advance Ultra Hydrating Lotion
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture Facial Moisturizer
- Calmitude Sensitive Skin Moisturizer by Bioelements
- Olay Complete All Day UV Moisturizer SPF 15
- Burt’s Bees Natural Skin Solutions Sensitive Daily Moisturizer
- Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Sensitive Skin Daily Calming Moisturizer SPF 30
- Olay Complete Daily Defense All Day Moisturizer SPF 30 Sensitive Skins
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture Senstive Skin Ultra-Gentle Facial Moisturizer
- Simple Kind To Skin Replenishing Rich Moisturizer
- Murad Sensitive Skin Soothing Serum
- Aveeno Ultra-Calming Moisturizer SPF 30
How to Use Moisturizers for Sensitive Skins
Generally, you will be required to apply moisturizers for sensitive skin after you have taken a shower and throughout the day to ensure your skin is well moisturized. Begin by taking a shower in water that is tepid. Pat your skin gently before applying your moisturizer.
When choosing moisturizers for sensitive skin, you need to go for brands that have mineral oil, ceramides, linoleic acid, petrolatum, glycerin or dimethicone
Best Lotion for Sensitive Skin – Top Brands
If you want a soft luxurious skin, it can be a little challenging if it is a sensitive type. However, with good choice of lotions for sensitive skins and other sensitive skin care products, you can get something that will work best with your skin.
As usual, you need to ensure the lotions do not contain preservatives or any other ingredients such as fragrances that might cause allergic reactions, especially for people who have super sensitive skins. Furthermore, these lotions for sensitive skins should help soothe, heal redness and ensure the protective natural layer on your skin is not eroded.
If you are looking for some of the best lotions for sensitive skins, some of the accredited top brands you can try include the following:
- Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion
- Eucerin Sensitive Skin Redness Relief Daily Perfecting Lotion
- Olay Moisturizing Lotion, Sensitive Skins
- Ideal Moisture™ Day Lotion SPF 25 – L’Oréal Paris
- Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair lotion
- Lubriderm Intense Skin Repair Body Lotion With Itch Relief
- Vaseline Total Moisture
- Coppertone Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50
- L’Oreal Ideal Moisture Day Lotion SPF 25
- Burt’s Bees Soothingly Sensitive Body Lotion for Sensitive Skins
- Hawaiian Tropic Faces Sunblock Lotion, Sensitive Skins, Oil Free, SPF 30
- Pevonia Sensitive Skins Lotion
- CVS All Day Moisture Lotion Spf 15 Sensitive Skins
- Estee Lauder Hydrationist Lotion
However, before you blindly go for any of the above best lotions for sensitive type of skin, you need to ensure it will suit you well. Read user comments, professional reviews and see how each sensitive skin lotion has been rated. This is the surest way of getting nut just any lotion for sensitive type of skin but simply the best!
Best Creams for Sensitive Skin – Facial Creams for Sensitive Skin
There are many creams for sensitive skin you can go for which play different roles such as getting rid of scars, acting as concealers, foundations, moisturizers, anti aging, night creams, blocking sun, reducing redness, dealing with acne on sensitive skin, etc.
These creams for sensitive skin have different roles. Some of them might help in treating various conditions closely associated with sensitive type of skin such as eczema.
The basic principle for choosing any skin creams for sensitive skin is looking at the ingredients they have. They should not contain any ingredients that might cause or irritate your sensitive skin such as preservatives, acids, antibacterial agents, fragrances, dyes or any other cosmetic allergens.
- Lumene Sensitive Touch Comforting Night Cream, $17.99.
- Patricia Wexler M.D. Sensitive Skin Comforting & Renewing Serum, $55
- Burt’s Bees Sensitive Eye Cream
- Eau Thermale Avène Skin Recovery Cream
- Eucerin Sensitive Skin Redness Relief Soothing Night Creme
- Pevonia Soothing Cream
- Sebamed Moisturizing Cream
- VMV Creammmy Rich Intensive Moisture Milk
- Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
- Vanicream for sensitive skins
- Phisoderm Cream Cleanser
- Burt’s Bees Sensitive Daily Moisturizing Skin Cream
- Burt’s Bees Sensitive Night Skin Cream
- Olay Age Defying Night Cream
- Sante Night Cream, Bio Schisandra
- Giovanni Shave Cream Fragrance Free & Aloe for Sensitive Skins
- DERMAbaria Hand Treatment Cream
The list of creams for sensitive skins can be endless due to the different roles they play. You need to ensure you have carefully checked on the ingredients present and it should be hypoallergenic.
Night Creams for Sensitive Skin – If you do not want to spend money on buying night creams for sensitive skin, you can decide to use homemade ones where you will use products such as olive oil and apple, or use any other natural products that will not harm your skin.
Day Creams for Sensitive Skin – for day creams for sensitive skin, you can choose to use any of the above best creams for sensitive skin or use creams that contain natural oils like horse chestnut, vitamin B complex, chamomile, avocado oil, jojoba oil etc. Go for oils that can help in soothing your skin and block sun.
Best Facial or Face Masks for Sensitive Skin – Top Brands
Facemasks or facial masks can help in hydrating, tightening, nourishing, drawing impurities, healing blemishes, rejuvenating yours skin, among many other roles. See more on facemasks to know on types, when and how to use them, etc.
When using facial masks, you must ensure they do not contain any ingredients that might harm your sensitive skin. You can choose to go for homemade facial masks for sensitive skins or buy some of the facial masks such as:
- Avène Soothing Moisture Mask
- Yogurt Face Mask
- Cattier Clay Mask
- Gatineau Serenite Rapid Soothing Mask
- Pevonia Soothing Mask
The above best masks for sensitive skin will be of much help. However, ensure you understand well what sensitive skins are before buying any masks for sensitive skin. What will work for someone else might not work for you.
Best Anti Aging for Sensitive Skin
Environmental factors, lifestyle factors and foods we eat often accelerate our aging process. Do you know that people who are so stressed age faster for instance? However, to help reverse this undesired process, you need a good anti aging product. There are so many products and each is no doubt important.
However, if you are looking for the best anti aging for sensitive skin, you need to be careful to ensure it does not contain any ingredients that might worsen your skin condition. You need a product that will help reduce wrinkling, skin dryness (accelerates wrinkles), soothe your skin, increase skin firmness, make it uniform, reduce redness and rejuvenate your skin.
We have reviewed a number of the best anti aging for sensitive skin and came with the below list of best sensitive skin care products that we feel will be of much help. This should however, be coupled with other anti aging care regimens. See more on anti aging where we have a number of articles for you.
- Olay Age Defying Sensitive Skin Day Lotion with Sunscreen, SPF15
- Eucerin Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Crème
- Sensitive Skin Anti-Aging Solution Kit
- CellCeuticals PhotoDefense Anti-PhotoAging Skin Protector
- Eucerin Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Creme
- La Roche-Posay Redermic Daily Sensitive Skin Anti-Aging Fill-In Care
- MD Skincare Hydra-Pure Intense Moisture Cream
- Olay Regenerist Perfecting Cream
Although we have mentioned the above best anti aging for sensitive skin, we are not endorsing any product. Ensure you do your own independent research on each of the above best anti aging for sensitive skin products. You also need thoroughly to understand sensitive skins.
Allergy and Redness removal for Sensitive skin
Do you have redness or allergic reactions on your sensitive skin, some of the best products you should consider using include the following:
- Allergy and Redness Relief
- Clinique Comfort On Call Allergy Tested Relief Cream, $39.50.
- SkinMedica Redness Relief CalmPlex
- Eucerin Sensitive Skin Redness Relief Soothing Night Creme
- La Roche-Posay Rosaliac Anti-Redness Moisturizer
Using Deodorants Fragrance on Sensitive Skin
You want the floral, citrus or minty smell or scent but avoid any skin care product with fragrances since they will make your skin to react to them. It is advisable to go for fragrance free products for sensitive skins. According to the founder of DermaDoctor, Audrey Kunin, M.D., “Fragrance is the number one allergen in cosmetics and skin care.”
Ensure you choose products that are not only fragrance or perfume free but also those that are hypoallergenic and do not have formaldehyde or formaldehyde free. While removing scent, some manufacturers might add irritating chemicals, which will only worsen your sensitive type of skin situation. Be on the lookout on the ingredients present.
For people who cannot work without using fragrances and perfumes, it is recommended they them spray these products on their clothes that do not come in contact with their skin directly or give them time to dry before putting them on.
Suggested Further Reading on Sensitive Skin
- Best Sensitive Skin Wash, Shampoo and Soaps to Use
- Best Sensitive Skin Sunscreen, Razor and Shaving Creams
- Best Sensitive Skin Foundation, Concealer, Primer and Makeup Removers
- Sensitive Skin Meaning, Characteristics, Care and Makeup Tips
- Best Acne Treatment for Sensitive Skin –Steps for Acne Prone Sensitive Skin Cleansing, Toning, Moisturizing Products