Are you looking for best makeup for sensitive skin? Get best insight on makeup for sensitive skin including best foundation for sensitive skin, sensitive skins concealers, makeup removers, and best primers and so on. You will also get general info on makeup for very sensitive skins, ingredients to avoid and much more.
When you have a sensitive skin, you need to be very careful on how you choose the makeup you wear. You also need to ensure that the makeup you use do not affect you by doing an allergic reaction test on your sensitive skin. We will begin by looking at the general guidelines for wearing makeup for sensitive skin before going to specific makeup types such as concealers, foundations, primers, etc.
Guidelines for Wearing makeup for Sensitive Skin
For people who love makeup and they have sensitive skin, here are some of the important guidelines that could help them reduce skin irritation:
Face foundations – Go for face powders that have very few ingredients, as this will ensure less irritation of the skin. Furthermore, they should ensure they go for silicone based face foundations since they often cause very little irritation of the skin.
Waterproof makeup and cosmetics – Always avoid using waterproof eyeshadow, waterproof eyeliner or any other face waterproof makeup, as they will need a special cleansing or makeup remover that might irritate your skin.
Few Ingredients – It is wise to go for makeup for sensitive skin that has less than 10 ingredients
Eyeshadow – When choosing the best eyeshadow to use, go for earth toned since they are less irritating and apply them on your upper eyelids. On your lower eyelids, you can go for navy blue eyeshadow colors. They too contain less irritating ingredients.
Nail Polishes – Avoid using nail polish if you are likely to touch your face or eyes as they might cause irritations.
Check Chemicals in Makeup – Ingredients to Avoid
To being with on makeup for sensitive skin, if you are fond of eyeshadows, you need to ensure the specific best eyeshadow you are using does not contain Ultramarine blue common in blue eyeshadows. Instead, go for beige or neutral eyeshadowthat have lesser irritating chemicals.
Another ingredient common in makeup is mica, which are particles that reflect light common in mineral makeup and powders for bronzing, especially in mineral eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara. According to Zoe Draelos, M.D., Duke University School of Medicine consulting professor, mica, a light-reflecting particle with chemical properties, is found in mineral makeup and bronzing powder and it can be a big itch inducer.”
Still on makeup for sensitive skin, you need also to check for the presence of bismuth oxychloride. This ingredient is particularly used to make or increase the sheen property of face, lip or eye makeup. Zoe Draelos reports that, “unfortunately, these ingredients are found in products we aggressively rub in with a brush, which exacerbates the irritation by pushing the product deep into the pores,”
It is therefore recommended you go for liquid bronzers, blushes and foundations, which will not be, placate your skin will be good.
Before we focus on primers, concealers and foundations, we also have covered the following areas on skins that are sensitive:
- Sensitive Skin – Meaning, Testing, Identifying, Causes, Best Care Tips for Sensitive Skin
- Best Sensitive Skin Care Moisturizer, Creams, Lotions, Anti Aging, Facial Masks, Deodorant and Fragrances
- Best Sensitive Skin Sunscreen (SPF), Razor, Electric, Shaving Creams, Gels and Foams
- Best Sensitive Skin Wash, Shampoo, Soaps, Toner, Cleansers, Exfoliator, Conditioners
- Best Acne Treatment for Sensitive Skin –Acne Prone Sensitive Skin Cleansing, Toning, Moisturizing
Best Primers for Sensitive Skins – Top Brands
If you are fond of using face primers, you need to ensure you have gone for the right type that will not affect your skin. Some of the best primer for sensitive skins you should consider include the following:
- Make Up For Ever All Mat Foundation Primer
- Givenchy Mister Mat Mattifying Foundation Primer
- LORAC “I” So Sensitive Soothing Face Primer
- LORAC POREfection Mattifying face primer
- Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen
- Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base SPF 15
- Sephora Collection Silicone Free Foundation Primer
- Too Faced Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer
- Laura Mercier Foundation Primer – Oil Free
These are just but a few of the best face primers for sensitive skin. We have comprehensively covered on face primers, including how to choose, how use, best brands, etc.
Best Concealers for Sensitive Skins – Top Brands
Concealers are much like foundation and they will help hide any imperfections on your skin such as pimples, dark circles under eyes, under eye wrinkles, or any other blemishes. It differs slightly from foundation since foundation helps in balancing your skin tone, adding glow and it can help cover blemishes too.
To be very clear, you need to know if you want concealers for under eyes or for your face. For eyes, seen more on best under eye concealers for sensitive eyes and if for face, go for ones to be used on your face. Some of the best concealers for sensitive skin you should consider going for include the following:
- LORAC’s Double Feature Oil-Free Concealer / Highlighter
- COVERGIRL CG Smoothers Concealer
- Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Concealer
- Origins Quick Hide! Long-Wearing Concealer
- Lavera Skin Care Liquid Concealer No. 2
- Glominerals Camouflage Oil-Free Concealer
- Lorac Oil-Free Neutralizer
- Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Concealer SPF 20
- Bare Minerals Multi-Tasking SPF 20 Concealer
These are not the only best concealer brands in the market; there are many others, which will really help you. Ensure you read reviews and see ratings before settling on a certain best concealer for sensitive skins.
Best Foundation for Sensitive Skins and Powder Foundations
Foundation is part of the important makeup that every woman should consider since these foundation help hiding any imperfections that someone might be having and creates a perfect, even and uniform color and complexion that will cover any flaws. If you are new to these popular beauty products, read more on foundations.
However, if you are looking for the best foundation for sensitive skin you should use, we are going to give you some of the best foundations that will not react to your skin that will include the best powder foundation for sensitive skins.
Best foundations for sensitive skins – Top Rated
Generally, you need to avoid products, which have ingredients such as fragrances, cinnamates, helioplex, sorbic acid, mineral oils and lanolin as they have found to cause reactions to many people. Other than checking out for these ingredients, you still need to test them. We covered something small part on testing for reaction for sensitive skin.
We reviewed a number of products and came up with the below list as some of the best foundations for sensitive skin that most users have highly rated. So what are some of the best foundations for sensitive skin should you use?
- Cover Girl Clean Makeup, Sensitive Skin Buff Beige
- Bobbi Brown “Skin Foundation SPF 15”
- Clean Liquid Makeup, Sensitive Skin
- LORAC’s Natural Performance Foundation
- LORAC’s Oil-Free Wet/Dry Powder
Best Powder Foundations for Sensitive Skin
When you are looking for powder foundation for sensitive skins, you must buy something that will be good for your sensitive skin. Some of the best powder foundation for sensitive skins you should try include the following:
- CoverGirl Clean Pressed Powder
- Maybelline New York Mineral Power Powder Foundation
- L’Oreal Paris True Match Naturale Mineral Foundation
- Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation
- Trish McEvoy Mineral Powder Foundation
Best Makeup Removers for Sensitive Skin
If you have a sensitive skin, you cannot use any makeup remover that anyone uses. You need to go for makeup removers for sensitive skin. We have covered on how to remove makeup and best makeup remover that include those for sensitive skin, oil free etc.
To give you some of the examples of the best makeup remover for sensitive skin, here is what you can go for:
- Makeup Remover Towelettes for Sensitive and Dry Skin
- Olay Daily Facials Express- Sensitive Skins
- Garnier Makeup Removers for Sensitive Skins
- Simple Sensitive Skin Expert Eye Make-Up Remover
- Sensitive Skin Oil Free Makeup Remover
- Gatineau Serenite Soothing Make Up Remover For Sensitive Skins
- CoverGirl Clean Makeup for Sensitive Skins,
- Klorane Soothing Make-up Remover Lotion.
However, ensure you know how to remove makeup properly since doing it wrongly might not give you best results even if you use makeup remover for sensitive skin. If you want to remove makeup from your eyes, see best makeup removers for eyes.
Suggested Further Reading on Sensitive Skin
- Best Sensitive Skin Wash, Shampoo and Soaps to Use
- Best Sensitive Skin Sunscreen, Razor and Shaving Creams
- Best Sensitive Skin Care Products You Must Have – Creams, Moisturizers, Lotions
- Sensitive Skin Meaning, Characteristics, Care and Makeup Tips
- Best Acne Treatment for Sensitive Skin –Steps for Acne Prone Sensitive Skin Cleansing, Toning, Moisturizing Products